Sunday, May 3, 2009

Pilot

So this is my first official blog. kind of intimidating, yet fun at the same time.
I will admit... I am not the best at english or language arts of just about any kind. I am a very literate person however which would seem to be a contradiction. However, as I will be explaining throughout my time here, contradictions do not exist. Allow me to explain why this is very simply, not a contradiction:
While I may be an incredibly literate person, as in, I have the ability to read and use words in the proper context, my ability to create a "proper" sentence using the correct placements of subjects and compounds and loads of other stuff I do not, nor care, to understand.
Back onto why I was saying that I am not the best at language arts. I say this because I am indeed writing a blog. And you should know, that if I mess up on any spellings or placement of words in the right order, that it will not be necessary for you to comment on something like that (I wonder how many will comment about me saying its unnecessary to comment). This is a blog with a purpose. And an overall subject. If you want to comment about something, comment about the subject. I am pretty sure anyone reading this will be smart enough to understand just what it is that is meant when I spell "the" as "teh", as I do so often.
So, allow me to introduce myself. My name is Chandler Colby Swank... well. That is just about all I am going to let out for right now. While this blog is ultimately a very objective one, meant to be read by people who either are objective or wanting to become more objective, there is usually going to remain a very subjective side to ourselves. This can easily be decreased, but I have yet to meet someone that is like a Romulan (an alien humanoid from Star Trek that keeps in its emotions and becomes entirely objective to avoid doing serious damage to the minds of others around them). The reason why I withhold the remaining info about me and my life is because of those subjective people who may discredit this blog because of age, gender, religion or possibly lack there of, hair/eye color, race, species. Who honestly knows and why should I honestly care.
There are hundreds of questions that are possible to pose right now and they are mostly good questions and all logical questions. I will be addressing these questions throughout my blogging time. My goal is to make the world a less lonely place for achieving individuals who hold logic, reason, and being objective as a 3 of their highest values.
I will be posting once a week... but that may vary due to different activities which include working my ass off in school.
Until next (time)/(week),
Swank

2 comments:

  1. Wow.
    Very good, start Chandler :)
    Very straightforward in telling what you don't want and "flaws" in your writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just a minor correction about content (not about your grammar, which yours is pretty stellar in this one, so I'm not sure what you're so worried about). Romulans are like bad Vulcans, Vulcans are the completely logical creatures. Romulans are not, they are out of control emotionally.

    Also, it came off as though you were damning emotions. That might not have even been your aim, but a bit came off that way. Emotions are fantastic! Emotions give reason to life, reason to love! reason to acheive. First of all decisions need to be based off of facts, not whims nor emotions. But emotions are like a gauge. An emotional response such as love, excitement or even anger are in response to your value system. The reason you love someone or something is because it is a value to you. This is still a concept I am wrapping my head around and so I have a hard time articulating it.

    Nice blog by-the-way.

    With love from your big-bro,

    Capt. Sterling R. Danneskjöld.

    ReplyDelete